Saturday, March 27, 2010

Book #17: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Vanessa, my awesomemajesticfantastical friend and sister at heart, wrote of this book in her blog. She is also reading one hundred books this year, and the fact that I can do this with such a dear friend makes the project so much more fun.

I loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Books written in letters are generally awesome anyway (Daddy-Long Legs still remains dear to me), and the time period is so right and the characters so fun and... I really wish I was a letter writer now. I am pretty dreadful at email, even, but I wish I could write such gorgeous and interesting letters. They paint such a wonderful portrait of the time, of the people, and of the Society itself.

Also, I gave it to my mom to read. She's enjoying it so far. :)

2 comments: