Thursday, February 11, 2010

Book #9: The Great Gatsby

I don't suppose it will come as much of a surprise that I was required to read this for my English class. While I have no major qualms with the novel, I didn't love it either. Possibly if I were to read it again, or have it explained to me in terms of its brilliance, I would like it better.

Generally I love the era it takes place in itself (or at least Jeeves & Wooster, which is basically very amazing), but... I suppose I'm try to say this: I don't have much of an opinion of it (there are a few things I liked about it, but not enough to mention at length). I read it. School taints books for me. Tis a very sad thing.

"They're such beautiful shirts," she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. "It makes me sad because I've never seen such--such beautiful shirts before."

No comments:

Post a Comment