Thursday, February 11, 2010

Book #8: Perfect Fifths

Sigh. I'm sad to see this series end, but I'm so so so glad to have read it. I feel as if Jessica Darling were a real person with real faults and experiences and THINGS. Her voice is so unique and wonderful and I am so enamored with these books now.

In previous books we have only heard this story through the diaries of the main character. Perfect Fifths, however, is told in the third person which I find very cool. It's a nice change, and the fact that the story encompasses only a few hours is another neat aspect. And character development! Just ahh. I wasn't sure about this series when I read the first book in the series, or even the second, but the story and the characters woven together through years and hardships and LIFE, and I love it so dearly now.

While my Kindle has a nifty bookmark feature that is perfect for saving quotes, I managed to only save one. While it is out of context, I found it funny at the time.

Natty frowns, a gesture that takes a lot of effort from his freckled, prenaturally sunshiny face. "I wasn't kidding, dude. I've got a whole heart full of nonsexual man love for you," he says.

1 comment:

  1. <333333333333333333333333333333333333

    I love love love that book.

    And you're doing so great in this challenge! =D

    ReplyDelete