Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book #11: Black and Blue

Black and Blue left me with a funny feeling. On one hand, I liked the book. The story felt real to me, and the way it progressed seemed hopeful for Fran/Beth, who is relocated to Florida with her son when she finally finds the courage to leave her abusive husband.

But then comes the end, which isn't quite a happy one. The tables are turned and Beth is left without the one thing that mattered to her through it all. And while she manges to keep going and find some contentment with the life she has, the story still ends on a sour note. Whether this is realistic or not, I was still dissapointed.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I hate when that happens. It's like what could have been such a great story, just got lost along the way.

    I've never heard of it, but it has a great title :P

    ReplyDelete