Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book #12: His Lady Mistress

I had not planned on counting this book initially, having pegged it as Not Worthy, but in retrospect I have adjusted my opinion. While it may have been a free ebook from Harlequin, it exceeded expectations. Yes, it is chiefly categorized as a romance, but it had a definite plot, dynamic-ish characters and more than one plot thread. Also, it is a historical novel, a genre of which I especially enjoy. Which isn't to say there were not fluffy parts; rather that they were nor the majority.

So... that's that for now. I was pleasantly surprised at the complexity of this (free) romance novel. Also, I spent all yesterday reading it, so not counting it did not seem at all fair. It may not be great literature, but it was an entertaining way to spend a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment