Saturday, January 23, 2010

Book #3: The Thirteenth Tale

I finished The Thirteenth Tale last night. There aren't really words to describe it. The characters, the STORY, wanted to completely absorb me all week, but being harried with school and whatever else swims through my head, I couldn't let it. I snuck surreptitious glances at it throughout the day, peeking in for a few pages at a time.

This book is beautifully written, the story unfolding so hauntingly but so (I hate myself) awesomely on the page. As I may or may not have complained at you enough times before, reviews (and even opinions) are not my strong point. But I loved this book. I can honestly say I have never read anything like it before. Even in tragedy, I loved (many of) the characters, from the Missus to John-the-Dig to Aurelius and even Mrs. Winter herself. This book touched me, and while I can't summarize it with awesomeness or even articulately express my own thoughts, I truly do recommend it.

The amazing Vanessa, who I am lucky enough to have as a friend and soul sister, recommended this book to me. Her birthday is tomorrow, so I think you should deluge her with awesomeness. Love you, sis!

2 comments:

  1. I KID YOU NOT, this book is lying on my bed RIGHT NOW waiting to be started. I'm SO EXCITED about it, but I must admit I skipped reading your review of it above so I wouldn't be a bit spoiled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it!! :D

    And thank you so much, sister. *I*'m the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete