Saturday, May 1, 2010

Book #26: Lock and Key

Lock and Key felt very different to me in comparison to Dessen's other works. Maybe that's because it is rather different, though. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it caught me off guard a little.

Still, and maybe because of this, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this book. I enjoyed pieces of it, I know, and I think the minor characters made the book for me. It was also very weird to read this book, almost a bit surreal, because I wear a key on a chain as well. Talk about deja vu.

I didn't not like it, if that counts for anything.


"Do you even realize how happy the average teenage girl would be in your shoes? I have a credit card. We're at the mall. I want to buy you things. It's like adolescent nirvana." (342)

1 comment:

  1. Dessen is my idol.
    I can't wait to read this one either.

    ReplyDelete